Ha, it’s been awhile but I am back.
It was time for some updating and redoing. Before I took my sofa cushions to a professional upholsterer I decided that I had to do something with my recliner/rocker. I didn’t want to get rid of it as I liked the frame and have always enjoyed sitting in it. So I chose to attempt to cover it with a slip cover.
Before I started I searched online for some hints and guidance. I liked missmustardseed.com. She has a six part video. Although my project was not exactly like hers, the premise was the same and I was ready to determine the amount of fabric and go out to find it!
Like miss mustardseed I didn’t remove the original cover. Here I have removed the arm rests and chair padding. The stool is still intact but soon be disassembled.
You can see that the microfiber has seen better days.
I chose a solid color fabric. Since the drapes (curtains really) are patterned I felt I had no choice. But I found some nice upholstery fabric that coordinated very well. It is not too heavy for my portable machines. I also purchased a heavier thread and needles for the fabric.
Now comes the procrastination and nail-biting. That is… it’s time to cut. I didn’t make as many pieces as the original since it didn’t seem necessary. I think it turned out rather well, especially since it was my first attempt. My cat zoned in an it right away!